If you reach an agreement with your former partner in relation to financial issues and/or arrangements for the care of the children, it is important to seek advice concerning whether it is necessary or prudent to formalise that agreement.

This can be achieved either by the filing of a Consent Application in the Family Court or by having a financial agreement or parenting plan prepared and executed.

We can advise you in relation to these options, discuss the most appropriate action for you to take and the risks involved by not formally finalising any agreement.

An agreement arising from a Consent Application or financial agreement attracts only nominal stamp duty and capital gains tax rollover relief on most transfers of property.

Contact Us

Paynes Lawyers

2nd Floor,
11 Ventnor Avenue,

View Map  

T. (08) 9221 1771

Request an Intial Consultation